Who is Sanyo Chemical ?
- A company that develops chemical solutions for the needs of the end-user.
- A company focused on Research and Development, with 30% of its employ working in R&D.
- A company that has experience of specifically developing chemicals to match the requests of our users, having done so 3000 times so far,
To contribute toward building a better society through chemistry.
The creation of functions based on surface control technology, polymer design and synthetic technology.
|Company Name||Sanyo Chemical Industries, Ltd.|
|Head Office||11-1, Ikkyo Nomoto-cho,
Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Japan
|Date of Establishment||November 1st, 1949|
|Consolidated Net Sales||\155.5 billion|
|Number of Employees||2,060 (consolidated)|
|Place of business||【Head Office】Kyoto
(Higashiyama & Katsura)
【Branch Offices】Tokyo and Osaka
【Sales Offices】Nagoya, Hiroshima
Kashima (Ibaraki Pref.) and Kyoto
What is SALANJUL?
An aqueous rheology control agent for cosmetics.
SALANJUL is a thickening agent containing starch-based natural ingredients. It was developed by applying the a self-pioneered SAP technology. Unlike other companies' products it has excellent dispersibility and a smooth, refreshing feel; this makes it particularly popular in cosmetic markets throughout Southeast Asia and other subtropical regions.
|INCI Name||SODIUM POLYACRYLATE STARCH*|
|pH (0.5 wt%)||6.0|
* Cornstarch is used as raw material.
** Only for SALANJUL ST-100MC, SALANJUL ST-100ST and SALANJUL 1000
SALANJUL is used as a thickening and texture modifying agent in various cosmetic products.
The gel has a light texture with no stickiness.(ｎ= H-B index. The higher the value, the less the stickiness).
|ηH||:Apparent Viscosity Coefficient|
Nihon Reoroji Gakkaishi P.89-94 vol.30 2002
*As mentioned above, our product has a more lightweight feel than our competitor's brands.
Ease of Use
Highly Water-dispersible / Simple Gel Formation Can be used with polyols to aid with dispersion.
Salanjul Gel has a moderate matte texture.
Salanjul Performance Quality - Technical information
Viscosity under Shear
The viscosity remains stable even under shear stress.
Effect of Light
The viscosity rapidly decreases under sunlight.
Chelating agents are effective in preventing decreases in viscosity.
Effect of Alcohol
Effect of Salt
Viscosity decreases when salt is added
- Why is Salanjul matte, rather than transparent?
- It has a matte texture because it contains starch.
- Can it be used in alcohol-based disinfectants (70% plus concentration)?
- Unfortunately it is not applicable. The viscosity does not increase, and Saran gel deposits.
- Who are your main customers?
- Our main customers are major cosmetics manufacturers.
End User Comments
We heard that Salanjul is the only product polymerized by starch. As it melts easily, manufacturing is a smooth process. Thanks to Salanjul, we can manufacture natural face cream using starch.