- Property: A clear, colorless liquid, Dibutyl ether has the same physical characteristics as Diethyl ether, as well as a high boiling point and is easy to handle.
- Applications: Pharmaceuticals, Catalysts, Solvents for many natural and synthetic resins, Rubbers, Organic acid ester, Alkaloids, Electronic materials (Insulating film, All-solid-state battery electrolyte).
- Manufacturing Process: Obtained by the dehydration condensation reaction of butanol.
- We can supply special grades according to user's request, such as grades suitable for electronic materials.
- We have been exporting Dibutyl ether to Asia for many years for rubber, organic synthesis, reagents, medical and electrical materials.
- It is being developed as an atomizing solvent for all solid-state batteries, and increased demand is expected in the future.
- CAS No.
- Chemical formula
- Specific gravity
- Flash point
- 27 degree C. (SETA)
- Boiling point
- 142 degree C.
- Melting point
- -98 degree C.
- Solubility for water
- 0.03 wt% (25 degree C.)
- Colorless clear liquid
- Harmonized system (HS code)
- Country of origin
- UN number
- 1149 (class 3/packing group III)
- Purity (G.C.)
- 99.5% min.
- Specific gravity (20/20 degree C.)
- 0.769 - 0.773
- 0.05% max.
- Alcohol content
- 0.20% max.
- Free acid
- 0.01% max.
- 0.05% max.
- Solvent for manufacturing intermediate
- Grignard reagent
- Raw material for complex (complex salt)
- Catalyst for polymerization (Ziegler-type catalyst)
- Raw materials for insulating films (silica film)
- Phthalocyanine solvent
Paint and ink
- Catalyst for polymerization
- Solvent for extraction
- Lens cleaner
- ISO 9001
- ISO 14001
- FSSC 22000
- Which applications are you currently receiving the most inquiries about?
- Inquiries for all solid-state battery and cleaning agent applications are increasing.
- Can you produce it in mass quantities?
- Yes we can; our company has a monthly production capacity of 50 to 60 tonnes, so we are in a strong selling position.
- What are your product's key features?
- Our product is popular internationally for its stability.
- What is the price of this product?
- The price varies depending on the grade, quantity used and order frequency. Please contact us via the "Inquiry" button below for more information.
Who manufactures Dibutyl ether?
- We have been manufacturing ethers since 1933.
- We are the only company in Japan that is licensed to manufacture and sell diethyl ether as a pharmaceutical product based on the Japanese Pharmacopoeia.
- We manufacture high quality ethers for pharmaceuticals and electronic materials, and our export volumes have been increasing in recent years.
|1933||Established in Kanagawa prefecture, Japan.|
|1948||Head office moved to Tokyo.|
|1986||Established Aikawa plant.|
|2005||Manufacture of ether, plasticizers and alcohol preparations ISO 9001:2000 certified.|
|2010||Manufacture of ether, plasticizers and alcohol preparations ISO 9001:2008 certified.|
Company Overview (as of March 1, 2021)
|Company name||Showa Ether Co., Ltd.|
|Head office||2-4-3, Iwamoto-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0032, Japan|
|Date of establishment||April 1933|
|Capital||JPY 3,600 million|
|Number of employees||30|
- Alcohol formulations