- 1. Compliance with laws, etc.
- When handling personal information, we will comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the protection of personal information, including without limitation, Personal Information Protection Act of Japan, as well as all applicable guidelines issued by the Personal Information Protection Commission of Japan.
- 2. Acquisition of personal information
- We may acquire and use personal information such as names, addresses and telephone numbers in order to perform business operations. Such personal information will be acquired in a legal and appropriate manner.
- 3. Purposes of use of personal information
- We will use personal information within the scope necessary for achieving the following purposes (“Purposes”). Except for cases where permitted by applicable law, we will not use personal information for purposes other than the following without the advance consent of the individual concerned.
– For provision to customers of our products and services
– For provision to customers of information about our products and services
– For marketing research and development leading to new products and services
- 4. Ensuring the safety and accuracy of personal information
- We will take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent loss, damage, falsification, leakage, unauthorized access, or other incidents involving personal information. We will endeavor to ensure that the personal information in our possession is accurate and up to date within the scope necessary to achieve the Purposes, as well as to delete such personal information without delay when its usage becomes unnecessary.
- 5. Disclosure and provision to third parties
- We will not disclose or provide personal information to third parties except for cases where permitted by law or when consent of the individual concerned is obtained.
- 6. Entrusting the handling of personal information
- In the event that we entrust a third party with the handling of personal information, we will obligate such entrusted person/entity to take appropriate security control according to contract and we will exercise the necessary and appropriate supervision over such entrusted person/entity.
- 7. Handling of personal information specific to products and services
- We may in some cases separately stipulate purpose of use and/or other terms regarding handling of personal information for specific products or services provided by us.
- 8. Disclosure, correction, and ceasing utilization of personal information
- When a request is made by an individual for disclosure, correction, or ceasing use of his/her own personal information, we will endeavor to handle the request properly and promptly upon confirming the identity of the individual. Please note that in response to such requests for disclosure, etc., we may ask the individual to present documentation confirming identity (driver’s license, passport, etc.).
- 10. Handling of personal information on other websites
- We cannot be responsible for personal information protection by websites of third parties with links to or from this site. Please confirm the policies of each site.
- 11. Implementation of continuous improvement
- We will regularly review the above measures as part of our efforts for continuous improvement. In the event we revise this Policy, we will provide notice of the revised content on this web page.
Mar. 28, 2019